A Morning Apart for Reflection.
Tickets are required! Purchase them HERE.
“Open your eyes and see, open your mouth and taste.” (a portion of Psalm 34:8 The Message Translation).
• Sally Cowal, proprietor of Muse Vineyards (along with her spouse Robert Muse) since 2003.
• Rev. Anne Findlay-Chamberlain, pastor at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Woodstock, VA
We live in a fast-paced world where time is of the essence, food is delivered at drive-through windows, and the words “fast” and “food” run together as we speed about our lives. We fast-forward through our days without taking the time to stop and savor what is happening right here and right now. When we take time to be attentive, “we discover the interconnectedness between spiritual and material realities: we learn to see the extraordinary in the ordinary.” (Gisela Kreglinger)
This morning apart provides an alternative pace in a place of beauty where we will have an opportunity to reflect on the deepest parts of ourselves as we:
• Get to know each other
• Experience walking amidst the vines in this season of the year (we will walk a short distance, and stand for up to one hour)
• Discover the importance of terroir – the role of soil, topography, and climate that influence the unique tastes and flavors of each wine
• Learn about wine-tasting in the tasting room
• Taste and savor several different wines
• Share our reflections
Tickets include a light continental breakfast and wine tasting.
Purchase tickets HERE!
Attendance at the event does not reserve a table for afterward. If you would like to make a table reservation for our veranda, upstairs deck, or inside the tasting room, please feel free to do so using this link. Table reservations are not required but suggested for our busy weekends and holidays and for large groups. Table reservations are never required for our lawn seating. (Please feel free to bring blankets and lawn chairs to enjoy our groomed lawn.)
Along with our award-winning wines, we offer lunch and other delicious food offerings. You are welcome to bring your own food for a picnic on our lovely groomed lawn. Outside food is not permitted in the Tasting Room, Veranda, or Upstairs Deck, however. Outside alcohol is not permitted anywhere on the property by Virginia state law.
Our featured artist of the month is Erin Harrigan. On January 19th, the artist will be at Muse Vineyards to speak with guests who would like to talk to her about her work. Anyone is welcomed. There will be light hors d’oeuvres.
A guided tour of the vineyards will be provided at 2pm with live music to follow in the Tasting Room 2:30 – 5:30pm. Flat-bread pizzas will be served all afternoon.
Come keep cozy with wine by the fireplace and fire pits on the terrace.
Join us for a members-only reception in our beautiful tasting room and enjoy Muse Vineyard’s award-winning wines.
Enjoy a delicious chili-themed dinner along with our exceptional Cabernet Franc 2015, Thalia 2018 and Petit Verdot 2016 wines, and, of course, the company of your fellow Wine Club Members!
Not a member yet? As a member you enjoy these benefits:
- Four times a year you will receive three bottles of specially chosen wine, some available only to Club members and some special releases.
- Complimentary tasting fees for you and two guests when you visit the winery.
- 20% discount on all wine purchases either at the winery or online.
- Member-only events and discounts to general events.
- Wine Club Members can rent the Tasting Room is for special events for groups of up to 75 guests.
- Lox Bagel w/ capers and red onion
- Quiche w/ Hollandaise
Come enjoy “Music in the Vines,” celebrating the end of Harvest season with us at Muse Vineyards!
2:30-4:00pm: Open to the Public
Join us for an owner-guided vineyard tour discussing our 2019 harvest — the 10th Harvest at Muse Vineyards!
If you are also attending the Private Event, please purchase tickets using the button below.
5:00-7:00pm: Private Event
Purchase tickets for $12 per person in the tasting room. Your ticket includes a glass of our NEW vintage wine release, live music by Zachary Funkhouser under the pergola and light food pairing.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND HOURS
Labor Day 11-5pm
END OF SUMMER SALE!
All Bottles of our Rosé $15 through Labor Day
ON LABOR DAY:
Live Music on the Terrace: Boo Snider from 2-4pm!
Serving BBQ pork or chicken panini, & flatbread pizzas.
Sunday-Wednesday: Noon-6pm (Last Call/Kitchen Closes 5:30pm)
Thursday-Saturday: Noon-8pm (Last Call/Kitchen Closes 7:30pm)
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas
Closing 6pm on Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day; Closing 8pm July 4th
Just 90 Minutes from DC