A Morning Apart for Reflection.
Tickets are required! Purchase them HERE.
“Open your eyes and see, open your mouth and taste.” (a portion of Psalm 34:8 The Message Translation).
• Sally Cowal, proprietor of Muse Vineyards (along with her spouse Robert Muse) since 2003.
• Rev. Anne Findlay-Chamberlain, pastor at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Woodstock, VA
We live in a fast-paced world where time is of the essence, food is delivered at drive-through windows, and the words “fast” and “food” run together as we speed about our lives. We fast-forward through our days without taking the time to stop and savor what is happening right here and right now. When we take time to be attentive, “we discover the interconnectedness between spiritual and material realities: we learn to see the extraordinary in the ordinary.” (Gisela Kreglinger)
This morning apart provides an alternative pace in a place of beauty where we will have an opportunity to reflect on the deepest parts of ourselves as we:
• Get to know each other
• Experience walking amidst the vines in this season of the year (we will walk a short distance, and stand for up to one hour)
• Discover the importance of terroir – the role of soil, topography, and climate that influence the unique tastes and flavors of each wine
• Learn about wine-tasting in the tasting room
• Taste and savor several different wines
• Share our reflections
Tickets include a light continental breakfast and wine tasting.
Purchase tickets HERE!
Attendance at the event does not reserve a table for afterward. If you would like to make a table reservation for our veranda, upstairs deck, or inside the tasting room, please feel free to do so using this link. Table reservations are not required but suggested for our busy weekends and holidays and for large groups. Table reservations are never required for our lawn seating. (Please feel free to bring blankets and lawn chairs to enjoy our groomed lawn.)
Along with our award-winning wines, we offer lunch and other delicious food offerings. You are welcome to bring your own food for a picnic on our lovely groomed lawn. Outside food is not permitted in the Tasting Room, Veranda, or Upstairs Deck, however. Outside alcohol is not permitted anywhere on the property by Virginia state law.